Saturday, December 28, 2013

Please Pray For Them


Only a few weeks before moving to Nicaragua, the Lord distinctly adjusted my heart and gave me a burden for young adults.  I knew He was leading me to do something specifically with this group of "youths" as they are in a tumultuous time in their lives. Just as we saw in Kenya, this age group is often lost, truly "sheep without a shepherd".  They have finished their primary schooling, are not longer children protected under the guidance of their parents, are free to make their own decisions and are likely to make choices which will literally change the direction of the rest of their lives. No longer compelled to attend church and often rebel against that Holy institution, this generation is desperately seeking the Truth to the purpose for their lives.

God is indeed fulfilling his calling of me to lead these peoples.  At this point, four months in Nicaragua, the Lord has brought several young adults into the life of our family with whom we have personal trusting relationships with.  As I disciple these individuals, I ask that you would join me in praying zealously for them, specifically that the Spirit would draw them to Himself and that they would respond to Him submissively.

I will list those who are currently in my sphere of influence so that you can pray for them by name.  We know that God hears our prayers and wants to give us what we ask so we can pray knowing that He will respond.  Therefore as they develop and grow in Christ, I will be thrilled to update you how God moves.

Gema
Sandra
Kelly

Maria



Yorleni
David

Kenia
Gerald

Teresa
Abel

Alejandro



No comments:

Post a Comment