Thursday, October 10, 2013

Afternoon At A Village Home

On Thursday afternoon, I went on the bicycle a couple miles out of the city to where my discipleship partner lives with his mother. This place is very different than the way most people live around us here in Chichigalpa as the house is made from sticks and with plastic sheeting for the roof and side coverings.

The pink cup has some kind of weird drink made from corn mash. I tried to ask how it was made and they had trouble explaining it to me. Honestly, I'm just not sure but I know it's got sugar, water, and boiled corn mash. They also make a pudding that's the same and I really don't like it as it has a sweet corny taste to it. I don't know what makes it pink???

This was only the 2nd time I've been a distance outside the town area here and the people live very roughly out that way. It reminds me very much of how the typical Kenyan lives. I'd like to get further out in some places and see some more. I know that NewSong has 2 other church plants that are in some remote areas and I haven't been out to yet. One of them is on the other side of a large river and during rainy season (now) you can't get out there except on bicycle or walking. I've been making plans to go but it continues to rain every night making it impossible to get to them because of the mud. In the next couple of months as dry season arrives I can make the trip for sure.


No comments:

Post a Comment